Thursday, August 5, 2010

Radiotherapy

I've just finished my second week of radio therapy. It's gone so quickly - mainly because I'm so busy, I think. Take an hour and a half to two hours a day out of an already overpacked schedule and yes, time passes. I do wish my income protection insurer would see things the same way.

I can't believe it's two weeks since we were at the snow. We were supposed to be going next week and, of course, there has been over a metre of snow in the last week. Maybe we'll be able to fit in a long weekend at the end of August after my treatments are all finished. If there is still any snow and if I can stay awake for long enough to finish a run by that point.

What? Oh, yes, the treatments. All fine, bit like lying on a sunbed really. Main issue is the time factor, and the money - first week was over $2500 before I start getting reimbursed. Crikey.

Also discovered that I've gained 10 KILOS since starting chemo. They are not going to stick around. Along with the lymphoedema that I started developing before going away, I think that's a sign that I have to pick up my much-neglected exercise regime a bit. Not easy but it has to be a priority.

I still don't have hair, which is a bit frustrating. Just a bit of very fine fuzz. And I never thought that 'fine' would be a word that I'd use about my hair! Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment