Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FINISHED!

Finally, I've finished all my treatments. Well, a couple of weeks ago, actually, but you know how it goes. Life is getting back to normal now, although I'm still tired and catching everything, but who cares! I still feel that I've been given an extra hour or so every day, which is just wonderful.

Another first today - went swimming with no swimming cap. Enough hair at last. Not quite enough to walk down the street with, but fine for the pool. Just in time for summer. When my hair grows long enough for me to feel confident without a wig I'll post a photo but not until then.

Fabulous drinks last week hosted by Julie. Thanks Jules and thanks to everyone who was there with all your kind thoughts, support, delicious food and fine champagne all night. I felt very lucky and special to have so many good friends with me and I'm looking forward to celebrating with everyone else soon!

More good news - my income protection insurer has finally agreed that yes, going through what I have been experiencing (I still struggle with the 'c' word) may possibly affect ones ability to earn a full income. I gave it a good old go, but we'll definitely appreciate the top up for my earnings when it finally does arrive.

2 comments:

  1. Yay - congrats Kathy on finishing. Well done you!
    We will follow the 'return of the hair' story with interest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    I'm glad to have found your blog. My partner was diagnosed 2 weeks ago, needless to say the last 2 weeks haven't been the easiest.

    She's also decided to go with Dr. Kylie Snook after meeting a few other surgeons, and you've confirmed that this was the right choice.

    Your blog has given me some comfort for the road ahead, I hope that the rest of your journey back to 100% was smooth.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete